Code of Conduct
Shop Class Attendance and Participation Policy
As a registered attendee of Shop Class (the “Event”) you agree to follow the terms of this Attendance and Participation Policy. We appreciate your cooperation to help ensure a safe environment for all participants.
- Fees are due at the time your registration is approved. Fees may be subject to sales tax, value added tax, or other taxes and duties, which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
- Your ticket entitles you to admittance to Shop Class only. All other costs associated with attendance (e.g., travel and accommodation expenses) are your responsibility, and Shopify will have no liability for these costs.
- You understand and agree that tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets cannot be sold, resold, bartered, auctioned, or transferred in any way. You are responsible for choosing to submit a registration form and Shopify will not be liable for any errors in submission, payment or ticket processing.
- All determinations of special rates and discounts are in the sole discretion of Shopify. Even if you meet the definition and requirements for a discount or special rate, Shopify reserves the right to not provide you any special rate.
- Shopify may change, substitute or cancel any aspect of the Event, including the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, moderators, venue and time. All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by Shopify or the Event sponsors or speakers. You may not reproduce or allow anyone to reproduce the Event content or any trademarks (including without limitation “Shopify") without Shopify’s prior written permission.
- You voluntarily assume all risk and danger associated with attending the Event , whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the Event , and Shopify will not be liable for any resulting harm, including death, personal injury, loss, damage or any other liability. Shopify will have no liability to you and hereby disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, express or implied for the Event .
Consent to Photos
- By attending the Event you grant Shopify (and others on behalf of Shopify) the right to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you.
- You agree to obey all signage, instructions and rules. Shopify reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, the Event at any time in its sole discretion, including inappropriate, disorderly, disrespectful, or dangerous behaviour or failing to comply with this Policy. Please report any concerns, offensive behavior, or suspicious or disruptive activity to the Event staff.
- Shopify will not tolerate any form of harassment at the Event. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments or actions related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of Conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified as they’ll be wearing branded t-shirts.
This is a private event. Shopify reserves the right to refuse, cancel, and/or refund your registration at any time.